Objectives: To stimulate interest and enable involvement in mathematics from Key Stage 1 (age 5+) to Undergraduate level and beyond, by:
1. enhancing and enriching mathematical study beyond the curriculum;
2. engaging the public with mathematics;
3. encouraging unusual ways of communicating mathematics.
Eligibility: The scheme is primarily intended for activities for which there is limited scope for alternative sources of funding. Applicants linked to universities should ideally be supported by a member of the Society. However, anyone based in the UK is eligible to apply for a grant.
• The grant should make an identifiable and significant contribution (i.e. grants are for specific purposes and not just a contribution to a substantially larger pool).
• The grant should preferably stimulate interactions between different sections of the mathematical community and/or address a new or wider audience.
• Each application should be countersigned by someone (such as a Head teacher or senior colleague) who can confirm the project’s value and indicate what additional support is being provided locally.
• LMS support should be duly acknowledged in any publicity material.
• A brief report will be required after the activity or event has taken place.
• Will not pay the full costs of an activity;
• Will not pay Full Economic Costs, or room hire charges, or teaching supply cover;
• Should not be used to replicate or replace other funding sources, but rather try to complement them.
Value of award: The committee will usually look to an upper limit for awards in the range £600-£800.
Deadlines and decisions timetable:
Applications should be submitted well in advance of the date of the activity.
- Please note that applications will not be considered between mid-May and mid-September.
- Grants will not be made retrospectively.
Queries regarding applications can be addressed to the Grants Administrator who will be pleased to discuss proposals informally with potential applicants and give advice on the submission of an application.
Grant Administrator: Duncan Turton(email: email@example.com, tel: 020 7927 0801).
Submitted by admin on 28 April, 2011 16:22